On occasion when referencing the personality of my husband, I'll call him a asshole. Though I love him dearly, he truly has mastered and exerts the attitude that some refer to as a "True New Yorker", but, I like to call it "Sarcastic Assism".
While I appreciate his honesty (which is why he is my best friend and lover), he sure knows how to make you feel like an idiot for not recognizing the truth before he speaks it. I think the fact that I know he loves me dulls down the cutting edge of the words he utters to me in a sarcastic tone. But, its those words, with that attitude, that prompt me to rethink my position and reconsider my options, and for that I'm thankful. Thankful that, he opens the door for me to focus in a comfortable environment. Thankful that, he lends me a tough love type of guidance and allows me to confide in him my deepest fears, and thankful that, he continues to love me despite my inadequacies.
Never knew such a harsh title, "Sarcastic Assism", used to describe such a harsh attitude could have such a loving and captivating definition.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment